Focus and Scope
- Results of empirical research (surveys, case studies, experiments, archival analysis, design, and historical approaches);
- Results of theoretical studies aimed at advancing existing theories, adapting theories to a local situation, or proposing new concepts/theories;
- The theoretical finding with the aim of investigating and synthesizing on existing theories;
- Research results from science, engineering, and community service in the form of concepts, prototypes or ready products for the market.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Geology Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Energy Conservation
- Renewable Energy
- Product design and materials
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Green construction and sustainable development
- Smart system, information and communication technologies
- Earth and environmental technologies
- Remote sensing and Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Urban governance and air pollution
- Disaster Management
- Tehcnopreneurship phenomenon and challenges
Articles from editors. They will not be peer-reviewed and not be included in the journal indexing.
Original Research Articles
Peer Review Process
- Authors are advised to have checked plagiarism and are free from other copyright infringement before submitting the article to Kurvatek.
- Manuscripts submitted by the author will undergo a screening and initial review process by the journal editor, especially the scope and conformity of the format with the template provided. The editor will arrange communication with the corresponding author to ensure the manuscript is eligible for review by the reviewer or otherwise rejected. In addition to the substance of the writing which is regulated in the review process, the Editor has the right to request technical improvements, formats, and proof-reading.
- Manuscripts that have passed the initial review process will be sent to one or more reviewers to review their content. The Editor-in-chief will assign the editorial team to determine a review process for the article that has been passed initial review.
- The review process will consider aspects of novelty, objectivity, methods, analysis and discussion, scientific impact, conclusions and references. The review process with blind review method should within 2 weeks.
- Reviewers will suggest improvements or reject the manuscript.
- The editor will decide taking into account the reviewer's input and its suitability with Kurvatek. The revision time of authors must meet the conditions as given (max 2 weeks)
- The decision of the Editor-in-Chief is final and binding. After the revision process is complete, and the article is declared ready for publication, the author must also submit a statement of copyright transfer to the Editor of the KURVATEK Journal or the Publisher. All articles that are still in the review process are the responsibility of the editor and the editor will be responsible for the confidentiality of the contents of the article. At this stage, the author is probihited to submit their articles to other publishers, except they request to withdraw or rejected. All articles and other documents that have been submitted to the editor will not be returned.
- The entire review process is carried out completely based on the OJS web.
- The figure below shows the workflow from manuscript submission to publication, which includes the review process.
- The reviewer receives an e-mail notification from the journal manager regarding the request to review the manuscript
- Through the link listed in the notification e-mail, reviewers are welcome to login to the "KURVATEK" user account
- In the first stage, the Reviewer will be asked to approve the review request. Put a check mark on the statement "Yes, I agree to have my data collected and stored according to the privacy statement.", then click the "Accept Review, Continue to Step #2"
- In the next step, reviewers are requested to read the reviewer guidelines as attached to this document. In general, there are three components that need to be filled in by the reviewer, namely:
- Review form, that contain a few of questions related to the manuscript
- Reviewer note, a dialog box that can be filled by the reviewer after assessing the content and quality of the article
- Recommendation, a dialog box with a few of recommendation options as below.
- Accept Submission (accepted manuscript without revision)
- Revision Required (accepted with minor revision)
- Resubmit for Review (returned manucript for major revision)
- Resubmit Elsewhere (manuscript is outside the science scope or unfit with our journal)
- Decline Submission (rejected)
- See Comment (reviewer suggestions for Editor)
- In addition to these 3 main components, reviewers can also provide notes on manuscripts that can be downloaded from the reviewer's account page. Reviewers can provide notes on the manuscript and re-upload the annotated manuscript during submitting review results.
- After the entire review process is complete, the reviewer can select the "Submit Review" button.
To ensure the objectivity of the assessment, the author identity or related it has been removed by the journal editor (blind review).
Open Access Policy
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
In order to professionally manage the journal with high-quality publication impact, the costs for operations such as submission, peer-reviewing, editing, publishing, maintaining and archiving, and allows immediate access to the full-text versions of the articles, it will indeed be fully considered in the future.
Article Processing Charges:
- Paper Submission: IDR 0 (free of charge)
- Review process and publication: IDR 0 (free of charge)
- Any other fees: IDR 0 (free of charge)
Because the journal is still free of publication fees, the journal manager hopes that authors whose articles are accepted, final manuscripts or before publication must undergo a proof-reading process and are free from plagiarism (plagiarism check results using Turnitin or other software must be uploaded to the journal system when submitting the final revision).
The Editorial Team of KURVATEK: Journal Technology of Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Geology, Mining, and Urban Design acknowledges that plagiarism is unacceptable and has therefore established the following policy stating specific actions (penalties) if plagiarism is identified in an article submitted for publication at KURVATEK.
Plagiarism is an act intentionally or unintentionally in obtaining or trying to obtain credit or value for a scientific work, by quoting part or all of the work and/or scientific work of another party which is recognized as a scientific work, without stating the source accurately and adequately.
For that, then:
Articles must be original, unpublished, and not under publication process elsewhere. Material taken verbally from other sources needs to be clearly identified so that it differs from the original text. If plagiarism is identified, the Editor in Chief is responsible for reviewing the article and will approve actions according to the level of plagiarism detected, with the following guidelines:
Articles submitted to KURVATEK will be checked for plagiarism using grammarly detection software (www.grammarly.com, plagiarism-detector.com), and/or using other more precise software such as Turnitin.
- Plagiarized some short sentences from other articles without citing the source. Action: The author is given a warning and a request to revise or paraphrase the text and quote correctly.
- Plagiarized most of the other articles without proper citation and not citing the source. Action: The submitted article is rejected for publication in KURVATEK and the author may be penalized for not being allowed to publish on KURVATEK for one year.
- If the author is proven to have submitted a manuscript to KURVATEK by simultaneously submitting it to other journals, and this overlap is found during the review process or after publication, then the action is taken according to point 2 above.
- If plagiarism is found outside the rules above in the severe category where authors claimed their students finding or acknowledging the work of others as his own, the editor of KURVATEK has the right to provide sanctions and will report to the code of ethics board in each their institution.
Therefore, the acceptable similarity in Kurvatek is a maximum of 20%. At this point, all article authors are responsible for the content of the articles they submit to KURVATEK. If the article is classified as plagiarism, then all authors will be subject to the same action. It is understood that all authors are responsible for the content of the papers they submit as they all sign the Kurvatek Copyright Transfer Form.
Copyright Notice & License
Starting from 2022, the author(s) whose article is published in the Kurvatek attain the copyright for their article and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. By submitting the manuscript to Kurvatek, the author(s) agree with this policy. Documents in the form of copyright transfer are needed only to ensure that articles submitted to Kurvatek are free from elements of plagiarism and other unscrupulous acts.
The author(s) guarantee that:
- their article is original, written by the mentioned author(s),
- has never been published before,
- does not contain statements that violate the law, and
- does not violate the rights of others, is subject to copyright held exclusively by the author(s), and is free from the rights of third parties, and that the necessary written permission to quote from other sources has been obtained by the author(s).
The author(s) retain all rights to the published work, such as (but not limited to) the following rights:
- Copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article, such as patents,
- The right to use the substance of the article in its own future works, including lectures and books,
- The right to reproduce the article for its own purposes,
- The right to archive all versions of the article in any repository, and
- The right to enter into separate additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of published versions of the article (for example, posting them to institutional repositories or publishing them in a book), acknowledging its initial publication in this journal (Kurvatek).
Suppose the article was prepared jointly by more than one author. Each author submitting the manuscript warrants that all co-authors have given their permission to agree to copyright and license notices (agreements) on their behalf and notify co-authors of the terms of this policy. Kurvatek will not be held responsible for anything that may arise because of the writer's internal dispute. Kurvatek will only communicate with correspondence authors.
Authors should also understand that their articles (and any additional files, including data sets, and analysis/computation data) will become publicly available once published. The license of published articles (and additional data) will be governed by a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Kurvatek allows users to copy, distribute, display and perform work under license. Users need to attribute the author(s) and Kurvatek to distribute works in journals and other publication media. Unless otherwise stated, the author(s) is a public entity as soon as the article is published.